- February 22, 2019|
- Category: Facts about LASIK
Are you considering LASIK eye surgery? Do you know what happens after the procedure and when you go home? We discuss some things you should do and what to avoid in this blog.
What not to do after LASIK
- Get water in your eyes for a week or longer — You can shower with the water at the back of your head or take a bath to avoid water splashing in your eyes.
- Rubbing your eyes — This tip is common sense, but many people forget without a regular reminder. It is just a habit to scratch or rub your eyes when you feel like something is in them; they are itchy, or they burn.
- Go to work in a dusty environment — Avoiding warehouses and environments with sand, dust, and windy conditions for a week following LASIK is a good idea.
- Exercise vigorously — Getting sweat in the eyes for at least a week or two after LASIK is the best advice we can offer.
- Wear eye makeup for the first week — It is also a good idea to buy new eyeliner, eyeshadow, and mascara for use after your procedure.
After LASIK care tips to do
- Have a driver to take you home and bring you back for your checkup the following day
- Rest for the first 24 hours after LASIK
- Give your eyes a break from technology for the first day
- Use eye drops as directed
- Contact your LASIK team if you have any questions or concerns
Book a free consultation today at one of our four convenient locations. You may achieve 20/20 vision with LASIK or the ReLEx SMILE procedure. Not everyone is a candidate for LASIK, but there are other options. You can reach us six days a week at 212-759-9617.