Lasik Surgery Anxiety
Do you want to have Lasik eye surgery, but you are extremely nervous about letting someone operate on your eyes? Do you want to gain more freedom to live spontaneously and free yourself from contact lens fees? If our two decades at Manhattan Lasik Center has taught us anything, it is that everyone has feelings about having Lasik. Some of our patients are ecstatic to get rid of spectacles while others are very timid and need reassurance that the procedure is completely painless.
Lasik surgery anxiety facts
- Millions of people have Lasik every year in the U.S. and across the globe
- Complication rates are very low – this is especially true at centers with cutting-edge equipment
- Lasik only takes a few minutes for each eye – patients are often finished with this part in fifteen minutes or less
- More than 95 percent of patients obtain perfect vision after healing
- Lasik does not hurt
- Tracking equipment keeps the laser ahead of any blinking
- Healing is quick with many patients returning to work the following day
- Reduces allergy symptoms for some patients
- Costs less than the lifetime fees of buying glasses or contact lenses
How MLC alleviates your fears
Our Lasik surgeons have more than 20 years of experience helping tens of thousands of patients see clearer. We know that this is a scary, happy, and ecstatic journey, so we do our best to give you all the information you need to stay calm and enjoy the experience. We answer any questions with a comforting smile and tell you everything we are going to do.
We make Lasik surgery efficient and painless at MLC. Call us for a free consultation today at 212-759-9617.